Project update (coming soon, server capacity, feature requests etc)

by jbilcke-hf HF staff - opened

Hello,

a little update on the project!

1. Forking the project to run it in your own HF space

As you have all seen, the server is often under heavy load and over capacity, resulting in some panels not loading.

I understand many users want to "skip the line" and run the AI Comic Factory on their own instance, but it is not easy to setup without dev skills and not always affordable (need to rent or pay for GPUs which can cost hundred or thousand of dollars etc)

--> a solution should come soon for Pro users, basically a way to use your Hugging Face account/token to use the Hugging Face cloud of LLM and SDXL servers (in your own name), instead of the shared servers used for the public AI Comic Factory, which is limited in capacity.

1. A button to recycle / re-render a view

--> I think I will add this soon, what do you think? Would that be useful?

1. Text in bubbles

--> I'm waiting for stable diffusion models to be able to do this natively, that way we will get good results, with a natural "hand drawn bubble" look. As we can see with Dall-E version 3, models are improving around the world, so I expect good text rendering in SDXL 2.0 or 3.0 (one can always hope!)

But if you have techniques to do this today with ControlNet or Segment Anything, let me know!

1. Any other feedbacks or suggestions? (outside "it is slow / not always working" - which are both consequences of the usage overload)

An option to re-render the view can be useful if a particular panel doesn't quite match the prompt

Here is the announcement about the possibility for Hugging Face PRO users to use Llama-2 70b and SDXL 1.0 with no extra server costs
(this means those users will not need to rent/purchase/configure a big GPU rig)

https://twitter.com/victormustar/status/1706255964859515308

I am currently making changes to the code to make it easier to use this as an alternative

Capture d’écran 2023-09-25 à 17.47.34.png

are planning on making this a full website/service, it would be great if you were able to make more than one page